Friday, March 2, 2012

Paper Shamrocks

Some of you know that I now babysit 4 month old twins - all day, every day. I have kept up with projects for my kids, but I admit there hasn't been as many and I haven't had the time or energy to post them on my blog. After allowing half a month to pass by without a post, though, I am determined to catch up and keep up!

St. Patrick's Day is right around the corner, so we have decorated our holiday tree accordingly. We have also cut out paper shamrocks from green construction paper. I folded a sheet in half and drew it on the paper for Molly (4) to cut out herself. We also constructed shamrocks by cutting out hearts and gluing three of them together and added a stem to form a shamrock! All of our shamrocks are taped up in our large living room window. After we taped up snowflakes and hearts last month, I really loved how that looked as opposed to smaller window-clings you can buy.

*You can see the three-heart shamrock glued together at the bottom of this picture!

Meanwhile, Molly found a new and clever use for the left-over paper after we cut our heart shapes out of them! She glued the green paper with heart cut-outs onto a sheet of white construction paper. Now the hearts formed frames! Molly had a fun time drawing a picture of each of her family members in the spaces. I love my creative girlie!

No comments: