Monday, June 4, 2012

Caterpillar Magnet Clip

As part of our butterfly week for MOMS Camp, I had the kids make Caterpillar Magnet Clips! I love that Ben (2) is getting old enough to really participate in our crafts now, even if he focuses mainly on the glue! The mess I have to clean up is worth it for me to see him working so hard on his projects!

First I drew 4" leaves (give or take) on green construction paper to cut out. The kids glued on colored craft pom poms to make a caterpillar. This, of course, was Ben's favorite part! They also glued on googly eyes.


When your caterpillar is a little bit dry, glue the whole paper leaf to a wooden clip. I used hot glue to attach a magnet to the bottom of the clip. To get one long enough, I actually used a magnetic business card that I cut into skinny strips.


Now you have a cute homemade magnet for your fridge...and you can use it to clip up new artwork too! 






No comments: